Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening
What is Fibroblast?
Fibroblast is a cosmetic treatment using plasma to eliminate excess skin.
What does it treat?
- Eyelids – skin tightening of saggy upper and lower eyelids
- Skin lesions – moles, skin tags, warts, etc.
- Wrinkles – lines and wrinkles around the mouth
- Scars – improvement to acne scars and stretch marks
- Neck – tightening of jowls and neck
- Stomach – tightening of loose stomach skin after pregnancy
- Skin pigmentation – age spots, sun spots on face or hands
How does it work?
The hand held device works by utilizing the voltage in the air between its tip and the natural gasses emitted from our skin to form a plasma charge. A small electrical arc is created and instantly shrinks the targeted skin. The tissues retract and tighten.
What are the advantages?
- Non-surgical – no cutting of skin
- Pain-free treatment
- Minimal side effects and down time
- Instant results
Who is a candidate for Fibroblast?
- Clients should be in good health at the time of treatment.
- Signs of cold or flu should reschedule.
- Diabetes or healing disorders should not undergo treatment
- Sunburn/suntan should postpone treatment.
- Clients with pacemakers should avoid treatment
- Pregnant or breastfeeding are not ideal clients
How long does it last?
Since Fibroblast is more than a skin tightening treatment, the effects should last as long as with invasive surgery. A positive result should last for years although it does not stop further aging. Lifestyle factors can prevent the result for lasting longer such as smoking, alcohol consumption, and sun exposure.
How many treatments are required?
Most clients see results instantly and this continues to improve over the following 8 weeks. Further treatments can be given for better results. It is uncommon the require more than two treatments.
What are the side effects?
Fibroblast has been shown to be a safe treatment since it’s non-invasive and done by a certified technician. There could be minor side effects 7-10 days after treatment. Swelling in the eye area can be expected for a few days following eyelid treatment. There are some aftercare recommendations to help with side effects.
Is there any downtime?
One of the major advantage of fibroblast is that there is much less down time. By comparison to invasive treatments, downtime is minimal. Swelling of the treated area will diminish after 3- days. There will be a distinctive dotting effect on the skin, which are usually gone in 5-7 days. These are some cosmetic issues but technically no downtime if some of the visual effects are not a concern to you.